§15119. Powers of chief inspector
The chief inspector may: [1995, c. 560, Pt. H, §14 (NEW); 1995, c. 560, Pt. H, §17 (AFF).]
1. Free access to premises. Have free access for the chief inspector or a deputy or deputy inspectors during reasonable hours to any premises in the State where a boiler or pressure vessel is built or where a boiler or pressure vessel or power plant apparatus is being installed or operated, for the purpose of ascertaining whether the boiler or pressure vessel is built, installed and operated in accordance with this chapter;
[ 1999, c. 386, Pt. W, §29 (AMD) .]
2. Inspection certificates. Issue, suspend and revoke inspection certificates allowing boilers or pressure vessels to be operated, as provided in sections 15115 and 15117, and as provided in the Maine Administrative Procedure Act;
[ 2001, c. 573, Pt. A, §6 (AMD) .]
3. Enforce laws and rules. Enforce the laws of the State governing the use of boilers and pressure vessels and enforce the rules of the director; and
[ 2013, c. 70, Pt. C, §33 (AMD) .]
4. Examinations and certificates of competency.
[ 1999, c. 386, Pt. W, §29 (RP) .]
5. Order uninspected or unrepaired boilers and pressure vessels out of service. In addition to the chief inspector's powers under section 15117, order that a boiler or pressure vessel be taken out of service if an inspection report is not submitted to the chief inspector as required by section 15121, subsection 1, if the inspection certificate fee is not submitted as required by section 15121, subsection 2 or if the owner fails to make repairs as required by the chief inspector.
[ 2013, c. 70, Pt. C, §34 (AMD) .]
1995, c. 560, §H14 (NEW). 1995, c. 560, §H17 (AFF). 1999, c. 386, §W29 (AMD). 2001, c. 573, §§A6,7 (AMD). 2013, c. 70, Pt. C, §§33, 34 (AMD).