Maine Revised Statutes

§4610. Vacating attachment of personal property

When personal property is attached, the same proceedings may be had as provided in sections 4606 to 4609 and the officer shall be notified of the hearing, and the delivery to him of the copy and certificate mentioned in section 4609 vacates the attachment and he shall return the property to the petitioner on demand. When the property attached is stock in a banking or other corporation or is such that the attachment must be recorded in the town clerk's office, such copy and certificate shall be filed with the officer of such corporation, who shall be entitled to 20¢ for filing the same and necessary certificate thereof, or with the town clerk with whom the attachment is filed, and thereby the attachment is vacated.