Maine Revised Statutes

§8304. Control measures; protest

Any public agency or group of owners carrying on or planning control measures may appeal to the director for permission to carry out the project in case the owner or owners of property in or adjacent to the control area refuses to do control work or to allow control work to be done on their property. The director may, after careful inspection and survey has shown an emergency exists according to the requirements of section 8301, grant authority for control measures to be carried out on the protestors' lands. [1979, c. 545, §3 (NEW).]

1979, c. 545, §3 (NEW).