Maine Revised Statutes

§6807. Finances; annual report

1. Expenses.  The members of a regional water council may contribute funds to meet the expenses of the council. Services of personnel, use of equipment and office space and other necessary services may be accepted from members as part of their financial support.
[ 2017, c. 58, §5 (AMD) .]
2. Funds; limitation.  A regional water council may accept funds, grants, gifts and services from:
A. The Federal Government; [2005, c. 209, §1 (NEW).]
B. The State or its departments, agencies or instrumentalities; [2005, c. 209, §1 (NEW).]
C. Any governmental unit not specified in paragraph A or B, whether participating in the regional water council or not; and [2005, c. 209, §1 (NEW).]
D. Private and public sources. [2005, c. 209, §1 (NEW).]
A fund, grant, gift or service of the State or its departments, agencies or instrumentalities otherwise available to water-related entities may not be made conditional on a water-related entity's membership in a regional water council.
[ 2017, c. 58, §5 (AMD) .]
3. Report.  A regional water council shall make an annual report including a statement of financial activities to the member water-related entities. The report must be filed with the Public Utilities Commission and the drinking water program of the Department of Health and Human Services.
[ 2017, c. 58, §5 (AMD) .]
2005, c. 209, §1 (NEW). 2017, c. 58, §5 (AMD).