Maine Revised Statutes

§246. Appeal

1. State Claims Commission.  If the department is unable to negotiate any payment authorized under section 244, subsection 1, paragraph A, or section 244-A, subsection 1, at what it deems to be a reasonable amount, either the department or the displaced person, or both, may apply to the State Claims Commission in writing for a determination and assessment. The proceedings shall then be the same as in condemnation proceedings under subchapter III.
[ 1987, c. 395, Pt. A, §104 (AMD) .]
2. Commissioner of Transportation.  Any person aggrieved by a determination as to eligibility for any payment, except those enumerated in subsection 1, authorized by this subchapter may have that person's application reviewed by the commissioner or the commissioner's delegate whose determination shall be final and nothing in this section may be construed to give any person a cause of action in the State Claims Commission or the Superior Court.
[ 1989, c. 208, §§19, 21 (AMD) .]
1971, c. 333, §1 (NEW). 1971, c. 593, §§22,24 (AMD). 1981, c. 470, §A136 (AMD). 1987, c. 395, §A104 (AMD). 1989, c. 208, §§19,21 (AMD).