Maine Revised Statutes

§2102. Lost or disregarded locations; stay

When a highway is laid out through a town and an agent appointed by the county commissioners to open and make it, and the record location thereof cannot be found on the face of the earth or consistently applied thereto or said agent is not making said highway according to the record location, the municipal officers or town agent may file a complaint in the Superior Court setting forth the facts and praying an injunction to stay the proceedings of said road agent. The court shall issue a summary notice to said road agent to appear before it to answer said complaint and on a hearing of the parties may issue a temporary injunction upon such terms and conditions as it deems reasonable. Subsequent proceedings on the complaint shall be similar to proceedings in other civil actions in which equitable relief is sought.