Maine Revised Statutes

§6518. -- persons out of State

When a person to whom a share was left was out of the State when the partition was made and was not notified in season to prevent it, he may, within 3 years after final judgment, apply to the same court for a new partition. If it appears that the share left for him was less than he was entitled to, or that it was not equal in value to his proportion of the premises, the court may order a new partition as provided in section 6520.