Maine Revised Statutes

§3145. Appeal

A court order to pay a fine for a civil violation or a traffic infraction shall be stayed by the court upon request of the defendant if an appeal is taken and if the defendant deposits all of the fine with the clerk of the court. If, on appeal, the judgment is reversed, the clerk shall immediately refund to the defendant, or to such person as the defendant directs, any funds deposited to cover the defendant's fine. If the judgment is affirmed, the funds deposited shall be applied by the clerk in payment of the fine. The clerk shall immediately notify the defendant and the court that an application has been made and the fine paid in full. [1987, c. 414, §2 (NEW).]

1987, c. 414, §2 (NEW).