Maine Revised Statutes

§9203. Compensation

Town forest fire wardens shall receive compensation for forest fire fighting services at the prevailing rate in the town. Labor and equipment may be provided by individuals or goups on a forest fire without pay. All requested assistance, persons or equipment used in fighting forest fires shall, upon application, receive compensation fixed by the town in which the forest fire occurred, but labor coming from outside such town shall receive a rate of pay not less than that established annually by the Department of Transportation for state highway labor. Fire departments, organized crews or other groups used outside the town in which the forest fire occurred may receive pay at their usual rates. Forest fire fighters may be provided with subsistance while on the fire. [1979, c. 545, §3 (NEW).]

1979, c. 545, §3 (NEW).