§8006. Licensees not in compliance with court order of support and other court orders; enforcement of parental support obligations and suspensions
1. Definitions. As used in this section, unless the context otherwise indicates, the following terms have the following meanings.
A. "Board" means any bureau, board or commission listed in section 8001 or 8001-A, other licensors that are affiliated with or are a part of the department and the Board of Overseers of the Bar. [1993, c. 410, Pt. V, §1 (NEW).]
B. "Compliance with a support order" means that the support obligor has obtained or maintained health insurance coverage if required by a support order and is:
(1) No more than 60 days in arrears in making any of the following payments:
(a) Payments in full for current support;
(b) Periodic payments on a support arrearage pursuant to a written agreement with the Department of Health and Human Services; and
(c) Periodic payments as set forth in a support order; and
(2) No more than 30 days in arrears in making payments as described in subparagraph (1) if the obligor has been in arrears for more than 30 days in making payments as described in subparagraph (1) at least 2 times within the past 24 months. [2003, c. 396, §1 (RPR); 2003, c. 689, Pt. B, §6 (REV).]
C. "Support order" means a judgment, decree or order, whether temporary, final or subject to modification, issued by a court or an administrative agency of competent jurisdiction for the support and maintenance of a child, including a child who has attained the age of majority under the law of the issuing state, or a child and the parent with whom the child is living, that provides for monetary support, health care, arrearages or reimbursement and may include related costs and fees, interest and penalties, income withholding, attorney's fees and other relief. [2003, c. 396, §1 (RPR).]
D. "Court-ordered suspension" means a suspension by a court of the right of a licensee to hold a professional license based on the contempt procedures pursuant to Title 14, sections 3141 and 3142. [2003, c. 193, §2 (NEW).]
[ 2003, c. 193, §2 (AMD); 2003, c. 396, §1 (AMD); 2003, c. 689, Pt. B, §6 (REV) .]
2. Noncompliance with a support order. An applicant for the issuance or renewal of a license or an existing licensee regulated by a board who is not in compliance with a support order is subject to the requirements of Title 19-A, section 2201.
[ 2003, c. 396, §2 (AMD) .]
3. Court-ordered suspension. An applicant for the issuance or renewal of a license or an existing licensee regulated by a board who has not paid a court-ordered fine, court-appointed attorney's fees or court-ordered restitution is subject to court suspension of all licenses as provided in Title 14, sections 3141 and 3142.
[ 2003, c. 193, §2 (NEW) .]
1993, c. 410, §V1 (NEW). 1995, c. 694, §D8 (AMD). 1995, c. 694, §E2 (AFF). 2003, c. 193, §2 (AMD). 2003, c. 396, §§1,2 (AMD). 2003, c. 689, §B6 (REV).