An Act To Reform Maine's Judicial System
CONCEPT DRAFT SUMMARY
This bill is a concept draft pursuant to Joint Rule 208.
This bill proposes to:
1. Ensure that claims of due process violations by state court judges be heard in federal courts of law;
2. Direct the Attorney General to initiate a class action lawsuit against judges, and allow citizens of the State with claims of violations of constitutional rights by state court judges to join the class action lawsuit;
3. Establish a procedure to provide redress to persons with complaints against Legislators and government employees;
4. Eliminate the prelitigation screening panel requirement for medical malpractice claims; and
5. Repeal state laws regulating the practice of law.