Sec. JJJJ-1. Executive Department, State Planning Office. By November 30, 2010, the Commissioner of Administrative and Financial Services, the Director of the State Planning Office within the Executive Department and a policy advisor in the Governor's office selected by the Governor shall report to the joint standing committees of the Legislature having jurisdiction over appropriations and financial affairs and state and local government matters a plan, including any necessary implementing legislation, to reorganize certain functions of the State Planning Office to:
1. Enhance the policy development and interagency functions currently conducted by the State Planning Office;
2. Ensure coordination of community assistance and economic development;
3. Locate waste management responsibilities to coordinate environmental, economic and energy matters involving solid waste disposal, including oversight of any state-owned landfill;
4. Include any other functions recommended by the Commissioner of Administrative and Financial Services, the Director of the State Planning Office and the policy advisor in the Governor's office that reduce administrative cost and enhance efficiency; and
5. Achieve General Fund savings of $225,000 during fiscal year 2010-11.
Sec. JJJJ-2. Distribution of savings. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the State Budget Officer shall distribute the savings identified in section 3 to the appropriate accounts and line categories by financial order upon approval of the Governor. These adjustments are considered an adjustment to appropriations in fiscal year 2010-11.
Sec. JJJJ-3. Appropriations and allocations. The following appropriations and allocations are made.
Planning Office 0082
Initiative: Deappropriates savings to be established pursuant to this Part.
|GENERAL FUND TOTAL||$0||($225,000)|