S.P. 329 - L.D. 989
Resolve, To Study the Insured Value Factor in School Tuition
Sec. 1. Task force to study the insured value factor in school tuition. Resolved: That the Department of Education shall convene a task force to study the current application of the insured value factor and assess the need for its continuation in tuition computation. The task force consists of 6 members as follows:
1. The Commissioner of Education or the commissioner's designee;
2. The Chair of the State Board of Education or a member of the board designated by the chair of the board;
3. A representative of a town academy that has a contract to receive students from a school administrative unit;
4. A representative from a town academy that does not have a contract to receive students from a school administrative unit; and
5. Two representatives of school administrative units that do not have a public high school.
The Chair of the State Board of Education or the member of the board designated by the chair of the board to serve on the task force shall serve as chair of the task force. Based on its review of the issues, the task force shall develop a proposal as to whether there is a need to retain the insured value factor in tuition computation; and be it further
Sec. 2. Submission of proposal. Resolved: That, no later than January 9, 2006, the chair of the task force convened pursuant to section 1 shall submit its proposal, along with any necessary implementing legislation, to the Joint Standing Committee on Education and Cultural Affairs. The Joint Standing Committee on Education and Cultural Affairs is authorized to introduce a bill related to the insured value factor to the Second Regular Session of the 122nd Legislature.
Effective September 17, 2005.
|Revisor of Statutes Homepage||Subject Index||Search||122nd Laws of Maine||Maine Legislature|
About the 1st Regular & 1st Special Session Laws Of Maine
Contact the Office of the Revisor of Statutes