§3932. Boarding kennels
1. License necessary. A person maintaining a boarding kennel, as defined in section 3907, shall obtain a license from the department and is subject to rules adopted by the department. The license expires December 31st annually or in a manner consistent with the license provisions of the Maine Administrative Procedure Act, whichever is later.
[ 1993, c. 657, §31 (AMD) .]
2. License fees. The fee for a boarding kennel license is $75.
[ 2003, c. 405, §17 (AMD) .]
3. Dog licenses.
[ 1993, c. 657, §32 (RP) .]
4. Advertising. A boarding kennel shall prominently display the state-issued kennel license number in any form of print advertising.
The license number must be provided to a person boarding an animal at a boarding kennel.
[ 2007, c. 439, §18 (NEW) .]
5. Notice of fees and services. A person maintaining a boarding kennel shall post upon the premises and provide upon request a written notice of fees charged for boarding and for any other services offered at the boarding kennel. The notice must indicate the hours during which the owner of the boarding kennel or a person responsible to the owner of the boarding kennel is on the premises.
[ 2009, c. 343, §15 (NEW) .]
6. Conditional boarding kennel license. Upon receiving a license application for a boarding kennel that does not at the time of application hold a valid license under this section, the department shall issue a conditional boarding kennel license to an applicant who pays the required fees and is not prohibited from obtaining a license under section 3935. The conditional license remains in effect until the boarding kennel meets the requirements for a license under section 3936. If a boarding kennel passes an inspection under section 3936 and meets all other conditions of licensure, the conditional license must be changed to a standard license. If a boarding kennel cannot meet minimum standards within 6 months after the initial inspection, the conditional license may be revoked or suspended by the department pending an administrative proceeding held in accordance with Title 5, chapter 375, subchapter 5.
[ 2013, c. 115, §13 (NEW) .]
1987, c. 383, §3 (NEW). 1991, c. 779, §30 (AMD). 1993, c. 657, §§31,32 (AMD). 2003, c. 405, §17 (AMD). 2007, c. 439, §18 (AMD). 2009, c. 343, §15 (AMD). 2013, c. 115, §13 (AMD).