§1662. Powers and duties
The Department of Administrative and Financial Services, through the Bureau of the Budget, has the duty and authority: [1991, c. 780, Pt. Y, §47 (AMD).]
1. State budget document. To prepare and submit to the Governor-elect, or the Governor, biennially, a state budget document in accordance with chapters 141 to 155;
1-A. Federal expenditure budget.
[ 1979, c. 711, Pt. F, §2 (RP) .]
2. Work program and allotments. To examine and recommend for approval the work program and quarterly allotments of each department and agency of the State Government, before the appropriations or other funds of such department or agency shall become available for expenditure;
3. Changes. To examine and recommend for approval any changes in the work program and quarterly allotments of any department or agency of the State Government during the fiscal year;
4. Review, plans and report. To constantly review the administrative activities of other departments and agencies of the State, study organization and administration, investigate duplication of work and to formulate plans for better and more efficient management, and report periodically to the Governor and on request to the Legislature;
5. Rules. To make rules, subject to the approval of the Commissioner of Administrative and Financial Services, for the carrying out of this chapter and chapter 145; and
[ 1991, c. 780, Pt. Y, §48 (AMD) .]
6. Necessary data. To require all departments and other agencies in the Executive, Legislative and Judicial Departments of State Government to prepare and submit for review such data, information or records as may be deemed necessary by the State Budget Officer to facilitate the Bureau of the Budget's efforts regarding this section. Copies of these materials shall be made available to the Office of Fiscal and Program Review by the Bureau of the Budget upon request of the Director of Fiscal and Program Review.
[ 1985, c. 737, Pt. B, §8 (AMD) .]
1977, c. 583, §3 (AMD). 1979, c. 711, §F2 (AMD). 1985, c. 174, §§J1,J2 (AMD). 1985, c. 737, §B8 (AMD). 1985, c. 785, §§A57,58 (AMD). 1987, c. 402, §A40 (AMD). 1991, c. 780, §§Y47,48 (AMD).