§13090-H. Maine State Film Commission
(REALLOCATED FROM TITLE 5, SECTION 13080-T)
1. Maine State Film Commission established. The Maine State Film Commission, as established by section 12004-I, subsection 88, is within the Office of Tourism and shall advise and assist the office as necessary. The commission shall advise the commissioner and the Director of the Office of Tourism with respect to the operation of the Maine State Film Office program.
A. The commission consists of 11 members appointed by the Governor.
(1) The members appointed must be involved in a related business field or have experience or familiarity with media marketing or public relations. The Governor shall ensure an equitable regional representation from the State.
(2) The Director of the Maine Arts Commission and the commissioner or the commissioner's designee shall serve as ex officio, nonvoting members of the commission. [2007, c. 466, Pt. B, §1 (AMD).]
B. The terms of office of commission members are as follows.
(1) All members are appointed for 3-year terms. Of those first appointed, 3 are appointed for 3-year terms, 4 are appointed for 2-year terms and 4 are appointed for one-year terms. The Governor shall designate the terms of office of those first appointed at the time of appointment.
(2) Members shall serve until their successors are appointed and take office. The Governor may terminate the membership of any appointee for just cause and the reason for the termination must be communicated in writing to each member whose term is so terminated.
(3) Vacancies must be filled in the same manner as original appointments, except that any person appointed to fill a vacancy shall serve for the remainder of the unexpired term of the vacancy. [RR 1995, c. 2, §11 (RAL).]
C. The chair and vice-chair are appointed by the Governor annually at the first meeting of the commission and serve for one-year terms.
(1) The chair shall call meetings of the commission. [RR 1995, c. 2, §11 (RAL).]
D. Members are compensated for expenses only in accordance with chapter 379. [RR 1995, c. 2, §11 (RAL).]
E. Financing of promotional and development materials and expenses pursuant to this section must be made with funds within the limit of the budget of the department for the Office of Tourism. [2003, c. 198, §13 (AMD).]
[ 2007, c. 466, Pt. B, §1 (AMD) .]
2. Powers and duties. The Maine State Film Commission has the following powers and duties:
A. To recommend rules for the implementation of the provisions relating to the promotion of filming activities in the State; [RR 1995, c. 2, §11 (RAL).]
B. To advise and assist the Director of the Maine State Film Office and the Director of the Office of Tourism with respect to this section and section 13090-I; [2003, c. 198, §14 (AMD).]
C. To raise and accept funds from public and private sources to be used to promote filming activities in the State; and [RR 1995, c. 2, §11 (RAL).]
D. To promote the State for in-state, on-location filming of movies, advertisements and videos. [RR 1995, c. 2, §11 (RAL).]
[ 2003, c. 198, §14 (AMD) .]
RR 1995, c. 2, §11 (RAL). RR 1995, c. 2, §14 (COR). 2003, c. 198, §§13,14 (AMD). 2005, c. 519, §P1 (AMD). 2007, c. 466, Pt. B, §1 (AMD).