Maine Revised Statutes

§772. Petition to raise ways and enlarge water vents

When the owners of mills carried by the water of a stream, or the owners of water power for operating mills, find or apprehend that the necessary head of water for working or reservoir purposes cannot be obtained, or when their existing rights in respect to the same cannot be exercised without overflowing some highway or town way, they may petition the county commissioners for permission to raise such ways and to enlarge the water vent thereof. Such commissioners shall appoint a time and place for a hearing on the petition and give notice thereof to all parties interested as provided in Title 23, section 2052, and such notice may be proved in the manner therein provided.