Maine Revised Statutes

§5435. Nongovernmental units

1. Department grants.  Upon application to the department by an unincorporated association or nonstock corporation organized for the improvement of community health and welfare, the commissioner may grant to the applicant money to be used for carrying out its adult developmental services, including any necessary capital expenditures or purchase of buildings.
[ 2011, c. 542, Pt. A, §99 (AMD) .]
2. Department grants.  The department may make grants to nonprofit corporations for amounts that are reasonable, relative to the quantity and quality of services to be provided by the grantee.
A. The department may request a display of effort on the part of the grantee that appropriate local governmental and other funding sources have been sought to assist in the financing of the services for which the department is making the grant. [1995, c. 560, Pt. K, §53 (AMD).]
B. The department shall give consideration to the ability of the municipality or governmental unit to support the adult developmental services, as reflected by the State's evaluation of the component communities. [2011, c. 542, Pt. A, §100 (AMD).]
C. In making grants to unincorporated associations or nonstock corporations, the department shall take into account all income and resources. [1995, c. 560, Pt. K, §53 (AMD).]
[ 2011, c. 542, Pt. A, §100 (AMD) .]
1983, c. 459, §7 (NEW). 1993, c. 410, §CCC36 (AMD). 1995, c. 560, §K53 (AMD). 2011, c. 542, Pt. A, §§99, 100 (AMD).