Maine Revised Statutes

§7004. Services to minors for drug abuse

Any person licensed under this chapter who renders social work services to a minor for problems associated with the abuse of drugs or alcohol is under no obligation to obtain the consent of that minor's parent or guardian or to inform that parent or guardian of the treatment. Nothing in this section may be construed so as to prohibit the licensed person rendering this treatment from informing that parent or guardian. For purposes of this section, "abuse of drugs" means the use of drugs solely for their stimulant, depressant or hallucinogenic effect upon the higher functions of the central nervous system and not as a therapeutic agent recommended by a practitioner in the course of medical treatment. [2007, c. 402, Pt. V, §3 (AMD).]

1977, c. 673, §3 (NEW). 1979, c. 96, §6 (AMD). 2007, c. 402, Pt. V, §3 (AMD).