As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
1. Beverage. "Beverage" means any non-alcoholic flavored carbonated drink, soda water, non-alcoholic still drinks, diluted fruit or vegetable juices whether sweetened or unsweetened, seasoned or unseasoned with salt or spice, or still or carbonated mineral waters used as a drink. The term shall not include undiluted concentrated fruit or vegetable juice nor such juice when reconstituted to its original volume.
2. Beverage plant. "Beverage plant" means any place, premise or establishment, or any part thereof, where beverages are assembled, processed, manufactured, bottled or converted into form for distribution or sale and such rooms or premises where beverage product manufacturing equipment and containers are washed, sanitized and stored.
3. Bottling. "Bottling" means filling, capping, packaging and enclosing in bottles or other containers.
4. Non-nutritive sweeteners. "Non-nutritive sweeteners" mean saccharin, saccharin salt, sodium cyclamate, calcium cyclamate and such other artificial sweetening agents as may be permitted in regulations promulgated by the Commissioner of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry.
[ 1979, c. 731, §19 (AMD); 2011, c. 682, Pt. W, §6 (REV) .]
4-A. Small beverage producer. "Small beverage producer" means a person or beverage plant that manufactures or bottles no more than 10,000 gallons of beverages a year.
[ 2017, c. 113, §1 (NEW) .]
5. Sweetening ingredient. "Sweetening ingredient" means cane sugar, beet sugar, dextrose, corn syrup, in liquid or dried form, honey or any syrup made from any such sugars or any combination of such sugars.
1979, c. 731, §19 (AMD). 2011, c. 657, Pt. W, §6 (REV). 2017, c. 113, §1 (AMD).