§1906. Official business directional signs
1. Erection and maintenance. The commissioner shall designate locations for and erect official business directional signs licensed under this chapter. The official business directional signs must be furnished and preserved by the applicant after the erection of the official business directional signs and must conform to rules issued by the commissioner. Such rules must be consistent with section 1910.
[ 2011, c. 344, §27 (AMD) .]
2. Agreements with municipalities. The commissioner may:
A. Enter into contractual or other arrangements with any municipality of this State providing for the erection of official business directional signs distinctive to that municipality upon finding that:
(1) The municipality has in effect an ordinance or regulation establishing a mandatory program of distinctive official business directional signs;
(2) The ordinance or regulation is administrable and enforceable and will be properly administered and enforced; and
(3) The ordinance or regulation is consistent with the policy and purposes of this chapter; and [1981, c. 576, §3 (NEW).]
B. Contract or arrange with any municipality for administration by that municipality within its boundaries of any appropriate matter under this chapter. Any contract or arrangement made under this paragraph and any action taken pursuant to it shall comply with the policy and purposes of this chapter. [1981, c. 576, §3 (NEW).]
Whenever any of the conditions set forth in this subsection are no longer being met, the commissioner shall promptly resume the administration of the official business directional sign program under this chapter. The commissioner shall provide written notice of his action to the municipality and may require nonconforming signs to be removed immediately.
[ 1981, c. 576, §3 (RPR) .]
1977, c. 494, §1 (NEW). 1981, c. 318, §1 (RPR). 1981, c. 576, §3 (AMD). 2011, c. 344, §27 (AMD).