§307. Party designation
A voter or group of voters seeking to participate as a party in a primary election under section 302 or 303 must choose a party designation that does not: [1985, c. 161, §6 (NEW).]
1. Length. Exceed 3 words in length;
[ 1985, c. 161, §6 (NEW) .]
2. Use state name. Incorporate the name or an abbreviation of the name of the State;
[ 1999, c. 450, §11 (AMD) .]
3. Use established party's designation. Incorporate the designation or an abbreviation of the designation of a party that is qualified to participate in a primary or general election under section 301;
[ 2003, c. 447, §8 (AMD) .]
4. Use independent designation. Consist of the word "independent" without another descriptive word or words. The designation "independent," without another descriptive word or words, is reserved for use by candidates that are not enrolled in any qualified or proposed party; and
[ 2003, c. 447, §9 (AMD) .]
5. Use obscene designation. Consist of or comprise language that is obscene, contemptuous, profane or prejudicial, promotes abusive or unlawful activity or violates any other provision of the laws of this State with respect to names.
[ 2007, c. 455, §13 (AMD) .]
1985, c. 161, §6 (NEW). 1999, c. 450, §§11,12 (AMD). 2003, c. 447, §§8-10 (AMD). 2007, c. 455, §13 (AMD).