Maine Revised Statutes

§3251. Procedure to register child support order of another state for modification

A party or support enforcement agency seeking to modify, or to modify and enforce, a child support order issued in another state shall register that order in this State in the same manner provided in sections 3150 to 3204 if the order has not been registered. A petition for modification may be filed at the same time as a request for registration, or later. The pleading must specify the grounds for modification. [2009, c. 95, §74 (AMD); 2009, c. 95, §87 (AFF).]

1995, c. 694, §B2 (NEW). 1995, c. 694, §E2 (AFF). 2009, c. 95, §74 (AMD). 2009, c. 95, §87 (AFF).