An Act Regarding Telehealth
Sec. 1. 24 MRSA §2904, sub-§1, ¶A, as amended by PL 2017, c. 396, §1, is further amended to read:
(1) To a nonprofit organization;
(2) To an agency of the State or any political subdivision of the State;
(3) To members or recipients of services of a nonprofit organization or state or local agency;
(4) To support the State's response to a public health threat as defined in Title 22, section 801, subsection 10;
(5) To support the State's response to an extreme public health emergency as defined in Title 22, section 801, subsection 4-A; or
(6) To support the State's response to a disaster as defined in Title 37-B, section 703, subsection 2;
Sec. 2. 24-A MRSA §4316, as enacted by PL 2009, c. 169, §1, is repealed and the following enacted in its place:
§ 4316. Coverage for telehealth services
Sec. 3. Application. The requirements of this Act apply to all policies, contracts and certificates executed, delivered, issued for delivery, continued or renewed in this State on or after January 1, 2020. For purposes of this Act, all contracts are deemed to be renewed no later than the next yearly anniversary of the contract date.
Sec. 4. Exemption from review. Notwithstanding the Maine Revised Statutes, Title 24-A, section 2752, that section of this Act that enacts Title 24-A, section 4316 is enacted without review and evaluation by the Department of Professional and Financial Regulation, Bureau of Insurance.