An Act To Establish Electronic Visit Verification for In-home and Community-based Health Care Workers
Sec. 1. 22 MRSA §7310 is enacted to read:
§ 7310. Electronic visit verification
(1) Are minimally administratively and financially burdensome to the provider and the direct care workers employed by the provider to deliver the service;
(2) Are minimally burdensome to the service recipient and the least disruptive to the service recipients in receiving and maintaining allowed services;
(3) Consider existing best practices and existing use of electronic visit verification;
(4) Are no more restrictive than applicable federal laws;
(5) Are effective methods for preventing fraud when balanced against the requirements of subparagraphs (1) and (2);
(6) Are consistent with the department's policies related to MaineCare-covered services, flexibility of service use and quality assurance; and
(7) Take into account the perspectives and experiences of direct care workers and the providers that employ those workers and support them in delivering services.
This bill governs the implementation by the Commissioner of Health and Human Services of the federal requirements for electronic visit verification with respect to personal care services and home health care services for adults with long-term care needs under the federal 21st Century Cures Act.