‘Sec. 1. 5 MRSA c. 167 is enacted to read:
MAINE PRESCRIPTION DRUG AFFORDABILITY BOARD
§ 2041. Maine Prescription Drug Affordability Board established
(1) A direct financial benefit of any amount deriving from the results or findings of a study or determination by or for the board; or
(2) A financial benefit from individuals or companies that own or manufacture prescription drugs, services or items to be studied by the board that in the aggregate exceeds $5,000 per year. For purposes of this subparagraph, "financial benefit" includes honoraria, fees, stock or other financial benefit and the current value of the member's or immediate family member's already existing stock holdings, in addition to any direct financial benefit deriving from the results or findings conducted under this section.
(1) By the board in the employment of board senior staff;
(2) By the Governor, President of the Senate or Speaker of the House of Representatives when appointing members to the board and advisory council established pursuant to subsection 10;
(3) By the board, describing any recusals as part of any final decision relating to a prescription drug; and
(4) By the 5th day after a conflict is identified or, if a public meeting of the board will occur within that 5-day period, in advance of the public meeting.
§ 2042. Powers and duties of the board
(1) Expenditures and utilization data for prescription drugs for each plan offered by a public payor;
(2) The formulary for each plan offered by a public payor and prescription drugs common to each formulary;
(3) Pharmacy benefit management services and other administrative expenses of the prescription drug benefit for each plan offered by a public payor; and
(4) Enrollee cost sharing for each plan offered by a public payor; and
Prescription drug spending data provided to the board under this subsection is confidential to the same extent it is confidential while in the custody of the entity that provided the data to the board.
Sec. 2. 5 MRSA §12004-G, sub-§14-I is enacted to read:
|Maine Prescription Drug Affordability Board and advisory council
|Legislative Per Diem and Expenses
|5 MRSA §2041
Sec. 3. 22 MRSA §8712, sub-§6 is enacted to read: