‘Sec. 1. 5 MRSA §1541-B is enacted to read:
§ 1541-B. Net neutrality
(1) Blocking of lawful content, applications, services or devices;
(2) Throttling; or
(3) Paid prioritization.
(1) Directly to the state entity; or
(2) Across advanced communications technology infrastructure constructed with the use of the state funds;
(1) Notice of its intent to commit state funds to an Internet service provider; and
(2) A written agreement from the Internet service provider that conforms to the requirements of paragraph A; and
Nothing in this section limits the authority of the State Controller under any other provision of law to limit or prohibit a state entity from committing state funds.
Upon receipt of information or complaint from any person that an Internet service provider may be failing to meet the requirements of an agreement made under this section, the Attorney General may undertake an investigation and take any action the Attorney General determines appropriate, including, but not limited to, action pursuant to section 192.’