An Act To Include Security Installations and Upgrades in Maine's School Revolving Renovation Fund
Sec. 1. 30-A MRSA §6006-F, sub-§3, ¶A, as amended by PL 2011, c. 153, §1, is further amended to read:
(1) The following repair and renovation needs receive Priority 1 status:
(a) Repair or replacement of a roof on a school building;
(b) Bringing a school building into compliance with the federal Americans with Disabilities Act, 42 United States Code, Section 12101 et seq.;
(c) Improving air quality in a school building;
(d) Removing or abating hazardous materials in a school building; and
(f) Undertaking other health, safety and compliance repairs , including installations or improvements necessary to increase school facility security.
(2) Repairs and improvements related to a school building structure, windows and doors and water or septic systems receive Priority 2 status.
(3) Repairs and improvements related to energy and water conservation receive Priority 3 status.
(4) Upgrades of learning spaces in school buildings receive Priority 4 status.
(5) The Commissioner of Education may approve other necessary repairs;