An Act To Establish a Comprehensive Hunting and Fishing License
Sec. 1. 12 MRSA §11109-A, as amended by PL 2011, c. 252, §1 and affected by §2 and amended by c. 370, §3 and corrected by RR 2011, c. 1, §16, is repealed and the following enacted in its place:
§ 11109-A. Comprehensive license
Except as otherwise provided in this section, a comprehensive license includes all licenses and permits issued under this Part to hunt and fish all legal game and fish species during any open season on that species, subject to the restrictions placed on the equivalent individual licenses or permits for those species. An individual license or permit contained in the comprehensive license is not valid unless the holder of the comprehensive license has met the eligibility requirements for that specific license or permit and is not otherwise prohibited from holding that license or permit. A person may be issued a comprehensive license without meeting the specific requirements of an individual license or permit contained in the comprehensive license, but that license or permit is invalid until the license holder meets the eligibility requirements for that particular license or permit. All restrictions, bag limits and conditions on hunting and fishing apply to the holder of a comprehensive license.
A comprehensive license holder must apply for entry into each lottery separately.
Sec. 2. 12 MRSA §11403, sub-§2, ¶C, as amended by PL 2007, c. 163, §2 and affected by §3, is further amended to read:
This bill eliminates the super pack license and replaces it with a comprehensive license that includes all hunting and fishing licenses and permits and entries into the moose and antlerless deer lotteries. The comprehensive license differs from the super pack license in that:
1. The holder is not allowed to take more deer than is permitted for other hunting license holders;
2. The license does not include an antlerless deer permit for use in wildlife management districts in which 3,500 such permits are issued;
3. The resident fee for the license is $35 instead of $200;
4. The license is available to nonresidents and aliens for a fee of $125; and
5. There is no license fee category for a person who holds 2 or more lifetime licenses.