An Act To Amend the Laws Governing the Governor's Training Initiative Program
Sec. 1. 5 MRSA §13070-J, sub-§1, ¶D, as amended by PL 2011, c. 380, Pt. HHHH, §1, is further amended to read:
(1) Assistance from Maine Quality Centers under Title 20-A, chapter 431-A;
(2) The Governor's Training Jobs Initiative Program under Title 26, chapter 25, subchapter 4;
(3) Municipal tax increment financing under Title 30-A, chapter 206;
(4) The jobs and investment tax credit under Title 36, section 5215;
(5) The research expense tax credit under Title 36, section 5219-K;
(6) Reimbursement for taxes paid on certain business property under Title 36, chapter 915;
(7) Employment tax increment financing under Title 36, chapter 917;
(8) The shipbuilding facility credit under Title 36, chapter 919;
(9) The credit for seed capital investment under Title 36, section 5216-B;
(10) The credit for pollution-reducing boilers under Title 36, section 5219-Z; and
(11) The credit for Maine fishery infrastructure investment under Title 36, section 5216-D.
Sec. 2. 26 MRSA §2031, as amended by PL 2009, c. 213, Pt. JJJ, §1, is further amended to read:
§ 2031. Governor's Jobs Initiative Program
An applicant that is not a business shall demonstrate, in partnership with a business or a consortium of businesses, the ability to link training services with actual job creation, expansion, upgrade or retention. Training provided under this section is considered approved training under the unemployment insurance laws and the laws regarding dislocated workers administered by the Department of Labor.
Training funds authorized under this section must be paid to the employer on a reimbursement basis.
Sec. 3. Maine Revised Statutes headnote amended; revision clause. In the Maine Revised Statutes, Title 26, chapter 25, subchapter 4, in the subchapter headnote, the words "governor's training initiative program" are amended to read "governor's jobs initiative program" and the Revisor of Statutes shall implement this revision when updating, publishing or republishing the statutes.