An Act To Declare Certain Records of the Maine Commission on Indigent Legal Services Confidential
Sec. 1. 4 MRSA §1806 is enacted to read:
§ 1806. Information not public record
Disclosure of information and records in the possession of the commission is governed by this section.
This bill makes certain records in the possession of the Maine Commission on Indigent Legal Services confidential. Specifically, the bill makes confidential:
1. Individual client information;
2. Information that is subject to the attorney-client privilege or that is defined as confidential under the Maine Rules of Professional Conduct;
3. Personal contact information of commission-rostered attorneys, members of the commission and commission staff;
4. Requests for funds for expert or investigative assistance; and
5. Information obtained or gathered by the commission when performing an evaluation of an attorney.