Amend the amendment in Part B in section 8 in §3953 in subsection 2 in paragraph A by striking out all of subparagraphs (1) and (2) (page 10, lines 7 to 14 in amendment) and inserting the following:
(1) Seven members appointed by the superintendent: 3 members who represent statewide organizations that advocate for consumers in the field of health policy; 2 members who represent medical providers; one member who represents a statewide organization that represents small businesses; and one member who represents producers. A board member appointed by the superintendent may not be removed without cause; and
(2) Four members appointed by the member insurers, at least one of whom is a domestic insurer and at least one of whom is a 3rd-party administrator.
Amend the amendment by striking out all of Part E.
Amend the amendment in Part J by striking out all of sections 1 to 9.
Amend the amendment in Part J by striking out all of sections 19 to 21.
Amend the amendment in Part J by striking out all of sections 23 and 24.
Amend the amendment by relettering or renumbering any nonconsecutive Part letter or section number to read consecutively.
This amendment makes the following changes to Committee Amendment "A."
1. It specifies that 3 of the members of the Board of Directors of the Maine Guaranteed Access Reinsurance Association must represent consumer advocacy organizations in the field of health policy and reduces the insurer members from 5 to 4.
2. It removes Part E of the committee amendment, which repeals the State Health Plan and the Advisory Council on Health Systems Development.
3. It also changes cross-references to reflect the changes made by this amendment to Committee Amendment "A."