LD 959
First Regular Session - 125th Maine Legislature
LR 1620
Item 1
Bill Tracking, Additional Documents Chamber Status

Resolve, Directing the Department of Education To Provide Curriculum Consistency in Maine Public Schools

Sec. 1.


This resolve is a concept draft pursuant to Joint Rule 208.

This resolve proposes to direct the Department of Education to provide a model curriculum to all elementary and secondary schools that meets the requirements of the comprehensive, statewide system of learning results and the Common Core Standards in English language arts and mathematics for kindergarten to grade 12 established in common with the other states as established in the Maine Revised Statutes, Title 20-A, section 6209. The model curriculum should span 80% of the school year, leaving 20% of the school year for schools to raise the standards of or to modify and improve the curriculum to meet local requirements and standards.

Top of Page