An Act To Create Regional Quality of Place Investment Strategies for High-value Jobs, Products and Services in Maine
Sec. 1. 5 MRSA Pt. 16-A is enacted to read:
MAINE QUALITY OF PLACE
MAINE QUALITY OF PLACE JOBS CREATION AND INVESTMENT STRATEGY
§ 7019. Definitions
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise indicates, the following terms have the following meanings.
§ 7020. Maine Quality of Place Council
(1) The Commissioner of Economic and Community Development;
(2) The Commissioner of Transportation;
(3) Two commissioners selected by the Governor from the following agencies: the Department of Agriculture, Food and Rural Resources, the Department of Conservation, the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife and the Department of Marine Resources;
(4) The Director of the State Planning Office within the Executive Department; and
(5) The chair of the Maine State Cultural Affairs Council established in section 12004G, subsection 7-A; and
§ 7020-A. Council responsibilities
The council shall facilitate interagency coordination of state and regional activities regarding regional quality of place investment strategies.
Sec. 2. 5 MRSA §12004-G, sub-§29-C is enacted to read:
|Natural and Built Assets||Maine Quality of Place Council||Travel Expenses for Appointed Members||5 MRSA §7020|
Sec. 3. 30-A MRSA §2343 is enacted to read:
§ 2343. Regional quality of place investment strategies
Sec. 4. Staggered terms. Notwithstanding the Maine Revised Statutes, Title 5, section 7020, subsection 2, of the initial appointments of the private citizen members of the Maine Quality of Place Council, 2 members must be appointed for 2-year terms, 2 members must be appointed for 3-year terms and 2 members must be appointed for 4year terms.