Maine Revised Statutes

§1308. Reparation or adjustment

The commission may order reparation or adjustment when it finds that an amount charged to or collected from a customer was not in accordance with the filed rate applicable to the customer or was based upon error. The customer shall attempt to settle any dispute concerning the alleged overcharge or billing error at an informal hearing with the utility company prior to filing a complaint with the commission. If the customer is dissatisfied with the utility company's decision, the customer may appeal the decision to the commission. The commission may not order a rebate for a billing error or excessive charge that antedates the order for more than 6 years. [RR 2009, c. 2, §101 (COR).]

1987, c. 141, §A6 (NEW). RR 2009, c. 2, §101 (COR).