Maine Revised Statutes

§6012. Appeals; notice and proceedings

Any person, aggrieved by the decision or judgment of the county commissioners in relation to damages for land taken for railroad purposes, may appeal to the Superior Court to be held in the county where the land is situated, within 30 days after the report of the commissioners is made, which court shall determine the damages by a committee of reference if the parties so agree or by a verdict of its jury and shall render judgment and issue execution for the damages recovered, with costs to the party prevailing in the appeal. No committee or jury shall alter the requirements in the report of the commissioners. The appellants shall, when the appeal is taken, include in the complaint a statement setting forth substantially the facts of the case and shall give written notice of appeal with a copy of the complaint to the opposite party. An appeal may be taken to the Law Court as in other actions. [1987, c. 141, Pt. A, §4 (NEW).]

1987, c. 141, §A4 (NEW).